I think I’ve narrowed it down to the things that I want to focus on/the things that make me happy. Here are some doable things I want to accomplish in the next few months:
1. Make my new house look amazing/learn about design: I found I really enjoy art and design, and I want a place in India where I can just go and be really happy. I realize I like staying in hotels not for the room service or anything, but because I love the bed, the TV, sofa, shower etc… So I figure, may as well make that in my own house. I want a place I can look forward to coming home to and a place to call my own. I’ve always wanted to figure out how to make a place look like a catalogue, and hopefully I can do that in India. Or at least I can try. And now that I’m traveling, I realize I really do love learning about Indian art/design. Might as well, since I’m in India. I”m moving to a new house in Hubli at some point in the near future, so here is the list of things I want in my new and improved place:
- Really nice mattress (found a place in Mumbai that sells killer mattresses, going to order one and have delivered to my house- hopefully)
- Amazing pillow (also at mattress store)
- 4 poster bed frame (Always wanted one of these- lets see if I can make this happen. Need to find a legit carpenter)
- Kick ass bed sheets/bed linens (Found multiple places to source this)
- Custom Sofa (made out of wood so it looks more Indian. Again, need to find a legit carpenter)
- Throw pillows (found multiple ways to source this)
- Air Conditioning (It’s India in the summer- enough said)
- Wireless Internet (No really, internet is a huge issue- never use a data card)
- Television (I’m buying myself a flat screen TV for my birthday- is this materialistic and selfish? Maybe. But hey, a girl wants what a girl wants)
- Cable (to go along with the television so I can get addicted to Indian trashy television now as well- preferably in Hindi so I can learn it while I don’t even know it)
- Microwave (I want me one because now that I realize I hate cooking, I want to buy ready made microwaveable food and eat leftovers because I am just that sort of person)
- Working fridge with legit freezer (mine doesn’t work in my current house)
- Laundry facility with ironing (I’m going to find a local guy around my house to wash my clothes, iron them, and then give them back. I’ve realized this is muy importante because I can’t seem to find a good iron/ironing board in Hubli so maybe I’m doing it wrong or maybe they just don’t sell them because most people go to the local guy to get it done).
- Working electrical sockets so I can use a blow dryer/flat iron without blowing out the fuses in the entire house (no really, this is an issue. Laugh now, but until you’ve had Indian girl hair, you just don’t understand).
- Good shower head (this is probably one of the most underrated things I have ever come across, but since I haven’t had a working showerhead for the past 9 months, I’ve started really appreciating good showerheads at hotels. I want me one. They are amazing.)
And I am going to document the entire process because I think it’s fun and it makes me happy.
2. Speak Python (Not in the Harry Potter Parsletongue sort of way): I want to learn Python because…it’s so hard to find good programmers, and I want to be able to talk with them, and I think it’s frustrating when I don’t know how to code myself. So I’m just going to do it. Also, I think in the future I may want to learn how to design websites, so learning object oriented programming is probably going to be very helpful. I’m pretty jealous of all those people that can code. I feel like there’s a whole new world I’m not exposed to because of my lack of coding abilities. Especially in the design realm. So I want to fix that. Stat.
I’m going to decode the crazy coding world. It seriously just seems like a bunch of…random acronyms right now, but I’m going to take care of that. And write about it. Mwahaha.
Order of preference/Timeline:
1. Get/Finish awesome house (End of May)
2. Decode the world of coding in my awesome house (June-Dec)
3. Focus on having fun (May-December)
I think I have a new life plan. I like plans. Especially fun plans. They make me happy.
1 thought on “The Happiness/To Do List”